Grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

I've seen an interesting question asked in another forum. A person asked if they could run a grounding conductor from a box (assuming J-box) to a a meter can (meter base)--while making the connection to ground at the meter can with a grounding clamp and screw. Seen This as interesting, because I've seen this done by LV Guys (Data communication--phone and TV). I've seen them ground there system to the meter can.

What do you think?

charlie tuna

Re: Grounding

ohms,
you said the "meter base"? to me this means someone is opening the meter socket cover that is normally sealed??? many low voltage people will be getting seriously hurt by this practice!!!

rattus

Nah, they just put a ground clamp on the conduit at the meter. No danger there if everything is in order.

charlie

Ma Bell has been doing a bonding clamp around the metallic service raceway for years and it works fine, just like Rattus says. They can also bug onto the GEC or the grounding electrode system. (I was going to explain the slang term "bug" but you guys know what the definition of a connector is.) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.