HACR Breakers Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
UL included HACR as part of their normal breaker testing, maybe 10-15 years ago. At that time putting the term HACR on the breaker became optional.

hurk27

Notice the ITE tandem on the top left, but challenger went out of business a while ago, it was common to find a 10/20 panel full of tandems, but what an expensive way to go.
I didn't think you could use the spaces opposite from the main? and some panels had the buss cut away so if you tried it wouldn't make contact, had a few of those DYS service calls:blink:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
That said, some inspectors will still require the HACR label on the breaker for use as such.
For many companies, you need to special order 'labeled' breakers.

Wouldn't it be nice if inspectors would keep abreast of the standards (i.e. UL 489) they insist be followed.:eek:hmy:

stevebea

For many companies, you need to special order 'labeled' breakers.

Wouldn't it be nice if inspectors would keep abreast of the standards (i.e. UL 489) they insist be followed.:eek:hmy:

Heard that Jim! In the past we have had to special order " labeled " breakers for one particular inspector. :rant:

tonype

One of the reasons why I hang out at this forum (as well as forums for plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilation, insulation, structural, etc) - excellent place to learn stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.