Hand Benders wearing on the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

Don't run that much conduit but when we do its getting a little harder on the body to bend it by hand . Do they make a Chicago style or anything else type bender that will do 1/2 , 3/4 , 1" emt and rigid ? Having lower back problems once in awhile I notice bending by hand benders aggrivate's the lower back . Would like to see whats out there that people will recomend .

kwired

Electron manager
Don't run that much conduit but when we do its getting a little harder on the body to bend it by hand . Do they make a Chicago style or anything else type bender that will do 1/2 , 3/4 , 1" emt and rigid ? Having lower back problems once in awhile I notice bending by hand benders aggrivate's the lower back . Would like to see whats out there that people will recomend .

For small one man jobs it may not be worth dragging to the site, it takes a fair amount of blood sweat and tears to load, unload, and maneuver it around especially if not going to be needed that much, for large jobs hopefully you have helpers that can do it.

I have bent 1 inch RMC/IMC with hand bender - not really on top of list of fun things to do.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
We are a maintenance shop so we would keep it here in the building . Just want to get away from using a hand bender for 1/2" , 3/4" , and 1 " EMT .

I know my small Chicago does 3/4 EMT. I will have to go look to see if it will do 1/2" EMT. I am doubting it because I think the smallest shoe is for 1/2" rigid - 3/4" EMT.

I love Chicago benders. Once you get good with one, they are the most precise bender in existance. Most fun to use, too.

The real Chicago benders are made by Lidseen. Greenlee makes a ratchet style bender too, but I have heard people complain about them kinking EMT when trying to bend it.

So, I would recommend the Lidseen "Chicago" over the Greenlee for EMT.

You will also need a "no dog" and an inclinometer, both cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.