Has the POCO ever done this to your temp pole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scwirenut

rough wired a church b4 the poco could tie to my temp pole, when I came back, this is what I saw. They had plowed it in through the bottom of the meter base, back out to the top to my pole.

06-20-08_0851.jpg

06-20-08_0852.jpg

06-20-08_0853.jpg

mdshunk

Yeah, they do it that way in my area quite a bit if we already have the "real" underground done. Makes good sense, to me. One other thing they sometimes do is cut a plumber's tee in the lateral and come out of the top of that tee with the feed to the temp pole.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
looks fine to me, although I haven't seen it done that way before. The poco's I work w/ require U/G temp service pole to be used if the building has an U/G service, and vice-versa for O/H services. I work w/ 3 poco's that require the service laterals to be in conduit and its the contractors responsibility to do it; in that case, we have to run the conduit for the service, and then a separate line has to be trenched for the temp pole. When they hook up the building service, we have to dig up the temp service line.

masterinbama

I'll try to get a picture of one the POCO set for me the other day. They used an overhead pole and just dropped the triplex to the ground and under the fiberglass of the existing padmount. Also told the Homeowner/builder they left enough slack in case we needed to move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.