Hazardous Conditions

Occupation
inspection
Hi Everyone -I'm new to this forum. Any help on making the photo visible without having to click the link is appreciated.

Found this during a recent site inspection. Site staff told me they would just grab a screwdriver and put it back on. They had recently completed OSHA 10. Think they may need retraining!? Thoughts?

A mod fixed it

1718647348894.png

Last edited by a moderator:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
[IMG}https://www.flickr.com/photos/200848896@N07/shares/3Cr6ty2Y44
Hi Everyone -I'm new to this forum. Any help on making the photo visible without having to click the link is appreciated.

Found this during a recent site inspection. Site staff told me they would just grab a screwdriver and put it back on. They had recently completed OSHA 10. Think they may need retraining!? Thoughts?
I think new users have to wait some number of posts before they can use pictures. Eventually you will get an icon that says "attach files" that you can use to upload pictures and other files. There is a size limit.

What is your point? Someone took the cover off and went to lunch. Bad idea but it is not like it is the worst thing anyone has ever done. Supervisor needs to make it clear this is not a good thing and tell him not to do it again.

Occupation
inspection
I think new users have to wait some number of posts before they can use pictures. Eventually you will get an icon that says "attach files" that you can use to upload pictures and other files. There is a size limit.

What is your point? Someone took the cover off and went to lunch. Bad idea but it is not like it is the worst thing anyone has ever done. Supervisor needs to make it clear this is not a good thing and tell him not to do it again.
Ok cool. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm deemed worthy of posting pics! lol.
As to your point, this may be an "out to lunch" situation, but not how you described it. This panel was serviced by one of the facilities techs during a past work order and left like that for months until we showed up and saw it. See my reply to BillyMac59 re: location. It's a completely unsecure location where unqualified public pass by regularly, including curious kids who may want to know what's behind these cool wooden doors...
The staff I mentioned who said he'd just put it back on is also not a qualified person, hence my comment as to whether you all thought he may need to retake his OSHA 10, or at least the Electrical part of it.
I guess my overall question would be to you all who are qualified persons (I'm not an electrician) how dangerous is this? Could someone get seriously injured or worse messing with this? My limited understanding of electrical safety is that this could kill someone. Am I overreacting?
I appreciate your thoughts and expertise, which is why I joined this forum, to learn from you all.
Thanks!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Ok cool. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm deemed worthy of posting pics! lol.
As to your point, this may be an "out to lunch" situation, but not how you described it. This panel was serviced by one of the facilities techs during a past work order and left like that for months until we showed up and saw it. See my reply to BillyMac59 re: location. It's a completely unsecure location where unqualified public pass by regularly, including curious kids who may want to know what's behind these cool wooden doors...
The staff I mentioned who said he'd just put it back on is also not a qualified person, hence my comment as to whether you all thought he may need to retake his OSHA 10, or at least the Electrical part of it.
I guess my overall question would be to you all who are qualified persons (I'm not an electrician) how dangerous is this? Could someone get seriously injured or worse messing with this? My limited understanding of electrical safety is that this could kill someone. Am I overreacting?
I appreciate your thoughts and expertise, which is why I joined this forum, to learn from you all.
Thanks!

There is always a chance someone can get killed but very unlikely by installing the panel cover. Most all the connections are behind the internal plate that offers some protection but I am by no means saying it is okay to leave it like this.

Btw, I inserted the pic in the first post

Occupation
inspection
There is always a chance someone can get killed but very unlikely by installing the panel cover. Most all the connections are behind the internal plate that offers some protection but I am by no means saying it is okay to leave it like this.

Btw, I inserted the pic in the first post
thanks for fixing the pic. Any chance you can add the ability for me to do it? This is primarily what I'll be posting - pics with questions.
Thanks for the insight, it's always helpful to know the "actual risk" vs. the "perceived risk" from people who do this kind of work.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
thanks for fixing the pic. Any chance you can add the ability for me to do it? This is primarily what I'll be posting - pics with questions.
Thanks for the insight, it's always helpful to know the "actual risk" vs. the "perceived risk" from people who do this kind of work.
I don't have that power. Try this. PC hit "windows shift s" then highlight the image from your file and then paste it in the body of the post. That might work