He called me to install feed to HVAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anybody do such a horrible job...and the homeowner is telling me he wants it set higher up omg.
this is a tough one for me to tackle. I’m thinking the easiest way is to of course remove all of that loop de loop crap.
he wants the hvac fed from outside. yeh okay this all has to come out: I’m thinking two gang Eaton vertical and I would Like lateral feed..
the penetrations are so vastly erratic.
many ideas? I need a main Breaker load center with eight space 125 amp.. or go inside which seems at this point much easier..
the homeowner would rather run wire to the air handler up and through the attic and then down..omg

Attachments

• 47EBE196-6EF0-4AF2-A65B-7F3832D669F6.jpeg
    47EBE196-6EF0-4AF2-A65B-7F3832D669F6.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 99

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I'm seeing two meters and two disconnects. Two tenants. I've seen a lot worse. You going to clean both of them up?

I have no idea about what you are saying about the A/C. No idea which tenant is involved or where and what the inside panels look like.

Do you want to replace a disconnect with a panel and put your A/C breakers in there?

-Hal

kwired

Electron manager
How high is things now? NEC has max height limit on the switches, some POCO's have restrictions on height of meters (sometimes min as well as max).

Want to clean it up, get rid the SE cable and use raceway and maybe even aux gutter.

AC unit needs a disconnecting means within sight, does not need to be the branch circuit device. If you had run raceways could possibly even feed the AC circuit back from inside to aux gutter or other enclosures you might use to clean things up. Will need to adjust ampacity of the conductors if run in same raceway as the feeder though.

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
Yes that isn’t exactly a work of art however if you’re there to install a feed for HVAC why are you going to even touch this? Aren’t you just going to the panel inside or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwired

Electron manager
Another possible option, leave meters and disconnects as is, put gutter below them, make feeder taps within gutter to go to AC units (unlimited length allowed on those taps as long as it remains outside) of course will need fused or breaker disconnect at the unit(s). Can also replace SE cable with raceway to the gutter if desired to clean the look up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.