Heating cables in concrete outside building

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have snow melter embedded in concrete stairs outside the building and the panelboard is inside the building you have to climb stairs outside the building plus pass thru building front doors that maybe locked and then inside about 60 feet is electrical closet that maybe locked to get to panelboard.

Well the question is the panelboard breakers considered readily accessible to be consider disconnect for snow melter NEC 2017 section 426.50? I looked at definition of readily accessible section 100 but not sure.

Previous threads were not about snow melter equipment. Also above was posted before but thread was closed indicating it was discussed before without providing link of the thread

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have snow melter embedded in concrete stairs outside the building and the panelboard is inside the building you have to climb stairs outside the building plus pass thru building front doors that maybe locked and then inside about 60 feet is electrical closet that maybe locked to get to panelboard.

Well the question is the panelboard breakers considered readily accessible to be consider disconnect for snow melter NEC 2017 section 426.50? I looked at definition of readily accessible section 100 but not sure.

Previous threads were not about snow melter equipment. Also above was posted before but thread was closed indicating it was discussed before without providing link of the thread

What about locks? Why are they considered readily accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.