Heating Jackets in C1D1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrylib

Hello,

I've often found the information I needed here on these forums, but can't seem to find an answer to this one.

I am researching requirements to identify heating jackets for vessels. We are designing a syngas (H2, CH4, CO) processing system that requires the vessels to be heated (350 C).

Major considerations are the surface exposure temperatures. We have experience constructing smaller scale systems for use in our laboratory areas. These will be much larger (14"diameter x 5-6' length). We are scaling up beyond the laboratory type equipment into industrial equipment. We would like direction to identify a heater for these vessels. Additionally, assuming we heat these with something like a heating jacket, do we use the "surface" temperature of the insulation as our exposure temperature, or is the temperature of the heating element what is referenced since the gas is able to diffuse through the insulation and be in contact with the higher temperature element?

I appreciate any reference to text that might help me with understanding these requirements.

Thank you

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread. This forum is for discussion electrical code and installation issues. This question does not appear to have any bearing on the electrical industry. If you disagree, please send me a private message to explain how an electrician or electrical engineer is needed to answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.