Heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

Any ideas on how to heat a landing . I have a landing by a side door that's tiled. It's gets pretty cold obviously because it by the door but I'd like to put something either in the floor from underneath Wich I do have access to. Or maybe a baseboard or something. Anyone have any ideas?

It would be nice to add something that would add to the general heating of the space .

I think that it being open to my first floor and so cold there it puts extra load on the radiant in the floor for the room

I
5f4ee52a535a1182b5ff7680b2474cee.jpg
0f0626261687e9c6456695ae0332d647.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Are you looking for some type of electric heat? A radiant heat panel opposite the door might work.

ember-black-lifestyle-65c7ee.jpeg

nickelec

Something electric is preferred it would be kind of hard to get water there

nickelec

A toe kick Heater I don't think would work it's only a 2*4 framed wall

just talked with a client whose house I wired. I had suggested a fan heater in their entry. They said they LOVE IT and so glad I suggested it. They like to dry and warm their boots and such. Only disadvantage is the noise.

kwired

Electron manager
Something electric is preferred it would be kind of hard to get water there

But water might be easiest if you want to heat the floor. Most electric "floor heat" would need embedded under tile to work properly/safely. A hot water loop could be attached directly to the underside of sub floor. Won't be as direct effective as being embedded, but heat loss on underside is mostly still going to eventually be transferred to said floor.

Forced air over the floor still is mostly heating air and not the floor and will need to run almost continuously if trying to keep the floor itself warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.