HELP ABOUT NPLFA x PLFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIANA

Hi.
My name is S?lvio Viana and I'm a Brazilian Electrical Engeneer.
My Company, called Somitec Automa??o, is begining to work with Fire Alarm Systems. I'm working with a project and I got some doubts about some topics and I'll be sincerily thanks if you can help me:
1- Can I pass, in same conduct ou raceway, the comunication looping circuit Class A (signaling line circuit for initiating devices) with the 24 VDC line thats feed the "alarm signal" (strobs, horn-strob etc). Both circuits will be conected to one Adressable Control Unit (Panel)?
2- Untill now I don't understand the diference between PLFA and NPLFA circuits. I know that it means POWER LIMITED AND NO POWER LIMITED FIRE ALARME circuits. But I didn't understand how to recognize them. The loop class A of initiating devices is a PLFA circuit? The line VDC that feed the strobs e others kinds of alarms is a NPLFA circuit?

Thank you for your atention and forgive me about my not very good english.

VIANA

petersonra said:
Are Brazilian electrical codes the same as US?
Aren't.
In fact we don't have a code. We work with a "NORMA", that are writed for a Brazilian Organization, using the basics premisses of the internationals codes and standards.
However, in same situations, the invester ask us to use the NFPA code. Frequentely when the invester are working with a internacional bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.