Help finding Square D tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

Help me find this Square D tool. When class CTL loadcenters first came out, Square D was still making the breaker mounting rail out of steel. To install a CTL type tandem breaker, you used a little tool to punch out the rectangular knockout on the side of the breaker mounting rail for the "hook" on the CTL tandem to pass through. This tool was about 2 inches long and about one inch wide. It was sorta like a can opener on the end, and had most of it covered in yellow plastic, and it featured the Square D logo on the side. Probably many of you have never seen or heard of it before, but I'm sure some have. I had a few of them in the past, and now I can't find even a single one. I needed one last week, and had to resort to more extreme measures. I sure would like to have one of those little tools again.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
the guy I apprenticed under had one. I never saw it, but I remember him describing it when he was asking me where it was. We never found it. Only thing I can think of is to call SQD and ask them about it.

mdshunk

480sparky said:
I don't see anything in the SqD catalog. They probably don't make them any more since the rails are now plastic.
Do you know the tool I'm talking about, 480? If anyone was famaliar with it, I thought it might be you. It just really gripes me that I know I have at least 3 of them, but I can't find any of them.

480sparky

mdshunk said:
Do you know the tool I'm talking about, 480? If anyone was famaliar with it, I thought it might be you. It just really gripes me that I know I have at least 3 of them, but I can't find any of them.

I recall seeing what you describe, but I didn't know what it was at the time, and no one knew what it was at the time. It was just something that was in the tool crib collecting dust. At least now I know what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.