Help with the "quickbend" app, and center of bend dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravet

New User
Occupation
Engineer
Hi folks, new member here. I'm adding outlets and lights to my shop (metal building), and I'm bending conduit for the first time. I watched some videos on youtube and some simple bends have gone OK (not great, but OK :) Now I have to do a composition 90 in the corner, so I downloaded the QuickBend app from the app store. It looks great, has all kinds of bends and lets me put in the exact bender that I'm using. However I don't understand the bend diagram that it shows me. It looks like it's giving me dimensions from center of bend to center of bend, but I don't know how to translate that to where the bender arrow goes to make the bend.

So for example I measured the distance to the corner as 74 1/2" for the first leg, and it looks like the app calculated 62 1/16" as the distance to the center of the bend. Fair enough, but where do I place the bender arrow to end up with the center of the bend there? I'd like to attach a screen shot of the app but I don't see how I can upload photos.
Thanks for any suggestions,
--steve

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain. Reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking "Report" at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.