Here's a neat product

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I recently installed a couple of sets of motion floods for a customer; today I returned to install fan-speed switches and dimmers, and found this:

158489x.jpg
(pic is from manufacturer)

It was covering the SP switch to the motion floods to prevent it from being turned off (or on).

Here's a link:

Switch guard

mdshunk

That's a problem solver, for sure.

10 bucks though? Cripes. Looks like something that ought to be in a bin at the dollar store.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
mdshunk said:
That's a problem solver, for sure.

10 bucks though? Cripes. Looks like something that ought to be in a bin at the dollar store.

yes my eyes did bulge a little bit when she told me they were $10. I was thinking $0.10.

ultramegabob

I just installed a similar product in a resturaunt where the owner was concernd about waitresses brushing up against the 4 gang bank of switches near the cashwrap. the ones I bought are similar in size and shape, but have one side open so you can stick your finger inside to turn the switches on and off but if you bump into them they are protected from the front. I bought them at Menards for a couple dollars each.

rzgeneral

I've been looking for those...

I've been looking for those...

ultramegabob said:
Here is what I used, I guess they were a couple dollars a package, so they are around a dollar apiece.

http://www.amazon.com/Westek-Value-Pack-Switch-Guard/dp/B000NCV1SK

They used to sell these at the local Lowe's. Now I cannot find them anywhere. Thanks for the info about amazon.com. for some reason I never thought to look there.

Since this is my first post in a very long time. I would like to say "Hello" and that I have gained alot of useful insight from all the information that is brought up and discussed here.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Ultramegabob,

That's a good one. A local home center has been stocking them around here. There are a lot of variation on this theme from plastics manufacturers.

41nZFgwac9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.