HID lamp quality differences, import vs. Name brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNC

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on my question.... :)
There are so many lamp manufacturers out there, lots of options with prices ranging drastically. Does anyone have any opinions on lower cost import brands, any good quality lamps for inexpensive? What's the best bang for your buck?
Best name brand lamps?
Any lamps to stay away from specifically?
I work for a lot of big real estate company's and property managment companies that really like to squeeze you on prices. Im just trying to find some good info on lamps, and lamp quality.

TNBaer

Whenever I needed something cheap I went to Halco. I even had customers who swore by them.

When it comes to brand name lamps I love Philips. I've drank their Kool-Aid. They have lower mercury in their bulbs and their warranties tend to be longer.

hurk27

Over the years I have had problems with a few brands, and settled on just a couple brands I stick with, Sylvania's were my first choice for a long time, but since I have been using RUUD fixtures and a few E-conolight, I also have come to respect the lamps (Luma) they use as many have gone 7+ years in service.

E-conolight sells the replacement lamps just about at their cost so there very low cost, and they will sell to anyone.

Their lamps are very well made with SS bases that never seize up in the shell.

heres a link to them: http://www.e-conolight.com/lamps.html

And very fast shipping

Last edited:

stevebea

Whenever I needed something cheap I went to Halco. I even had customers who swore by them.

When it comes to brand name lamps I love Philips. I've drank their Kool-Aid. They have lower mercury in their bulbs and their warranties tend to be longer.

I'll take a big gulp of the Philips Kool-Aid too. I have had better results with Philips than any other lamp manufacturer.:thumbsup:

kwired

Electron manager
I once read an article that stated that almost all lamps are made by one of the big 3 Sylvania, Phillips, and GE. If not marked with one of these names they are still likely made by one of them, but not necessarily to same specs.

CNC

-I'll check out halco, I have never seen their lamps.

-I have used e-co plight fixtures, and I have have looked at their lamp prices..... They are crazy inexpensive, and I just might order a bunch to test out....

Phillips lamps are great, I'm trying to find a decent price on these.

Anyone have any luck with ordering online from any suppliers for lamps and ballast kits? I want to have inventory, it would be nice to eliminate the middle man at my supply houses for at least a standard inventory for lamps and ballast kits.....

Thanks for all the great info.

mtfallsmikey

As far as HID's are concerned, I see no difference between GE/Sylvania, and use both. T-8 bulbs, and U-tubes are another story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.