High temp LED strip light

tank728

Occupation
Electrician
Good afternoon gentleman, I find my self in need of a high temperature LED strip light. These lights are installed in a sauna and have burned out twice in about 1.5 years. The first light lasted maybe 6 months and this second light was about a year. Having said that, the client sought me out directly for a suitable replacement as the GC/lighting designer has led them to this point. Anyone know of some high temperature rated strip lights? It’s 24 volt DC. I found this thread from about a year ago but that light is physically too large for the location. See the attached photos.

IMG_0190 Medium.jpeg IMG_0191 Medium.jpeg

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
Other option is to triple the amount of lights, then run them all at 1/3 output. LEDs are frail and thermal burnout prone.
There are specialized high ambient/humidity products:

However, realistically it's pipedream to think that LED lamps are able to perform at 70F/50% the same as 200F/85%. One way it can happen is to rate the lumens/watt under the latter conditions, or integrate a means of LED lamp element fryout protection that reduces output at higher temperatures.

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Get lights with multiple temp colors and set it to the middle setting. That'll use all chips at half power.