Highest-Efficiency Solar Module?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, I was wondering what is presently the highest-efficiency solar module that is commercially available? (silicon... standard flat-plate collector type... not including bifacial modules)

The LG360Q1C-A5 modules are 20.8% efficient, which is the best I've seen in recent memory. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks!

Kind Regards,
Andy

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I figured someone would bring up Sunpower. I can't find that module on their website, btw.

What's curious is that Sunpower may claim a higher cell efficiency, but when you calculate the nameplate power over the frame size of the panel, it doesn't come that good. And after all, that's all that module efficiency really means: how much power you can put on a given surface area. (It also makes me laugh how Sunpower's advertising all compares their products to 'conventional modules' from ... 2012.)

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Kind of a side question, but I figured you might know. Do you know why so many manufacturer's modules end with -A3, -A5, -G5, etc. Is this some kind of inventory thing?

Andy

It refers to the cell type, which multiple module manufacturer's may be sourcing from the same or similar sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.