HMI Warning obscenities.

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I still monitor a system for operation. It sends out texts and notifications pop up on the HMI when there is an issue.
Have any of you ever been tempted to use LARGE obscene notifications for the operator to *!@&! pay attention?
They must have new help or someone is asleep on the job. Didn't used to be a problem.

Buzzer and auto shut down is in the works for Monday.

4-20mA

an analog man in a digital world
Occupation
Instrumentation & Electrical
Some more nuisance alarms that operators don't pay attention to anyway? Nice.

Few years back we recorded one of the engineer lady's voice that we used as the alarm for high limit of a pre-scrubber. She had one of those noticeable voices... hey, it worked.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

retirede

When I was doing some programming, my code popped up a message in response to a particular blatantly improper input “You know you’re not supposed to do that. Why did you even try?”

Most of the users who triggered it, knew it was me who programmed it, so I got a few calls about it. Most people thanked me for injecting some humor into their day. If I had to guess, most remembered that message and therefore didn’t do it wrong after that.

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
One of my past projects will Rickroll the operator and play a clip of "Never Gonna Give You Up" if a wildly improbable set of conditions are met.

SceneryDriver

sii

We used to have a couple machines that had Nematron CRT screens. They were absolutely identical except one of them, after the MACHINE OFF button was pushed would display a picture of a beer mug with the message BEER THIRTY! for just a moment before it faded to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.