Horseshoe pit lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1470

Im looking to put lights in horseshoe pits, they r made of wood so i was thinking to mount to the wood to light up the pit. I would think the lights have to be flush mount with a safety grill on them so they dont get damaged. Does anybody have any ideas and were you can purchase these.

gregnc

I have seen this done with a post light at at both pits but never an actual light in the pit. how bout some low voltage landscape style lights mounted in the wood with expanded metal cover for protection?

mxslick

My suggestion is to look into using low-voltage lights (like Malibu brand) as they have a slew of fixtures that could be adapted to the purpose. They are available in metal and plastic construction so choose your weapon. :grin: FOR EXAMPLE

Last edited:

cadpoint

Seems very serious to have this type of exact lighting... I would think more
other indirect. Playing the pitch in both respects, Who Knew...

tkb

If you have a wood frame around your pit, you could router a slot all around on the inside and put in some LED rope lighting and cover it with a sheet of Lexan.
Should be pretty safe from the horse shoes.
Maybe not be enough light though.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
LED would be a good choice, it would be more durable than incandesant lights due to the constant banging that would break the filaments in an incandesant lamp.

jwjrw

LED would be a good choice, it would be more durable than incandesant lights due to the constant banging that would break the filaments in an incandesant lamp.

Vista lighting makes sum you could cut into the boxes and have grills over them. Have them in Led also.

charlietuna

Pour 3/4" rigid counduit as "THE" hoseshoe post six foot high - then put a low voltage fixture on top --change the rules that if a player hits the fixture he is automatically disqualified !:D

Ohmy

How about a couple flood lights for the whole area. That makes it easy to find wild throws and you don't have to worry about hitting the light.

wireddd

Pole lights would be best. It would help the onlookers see those wild throws before getting hit in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.