Hotel load calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulick1

Can anyone clarify how to calculate the load of a hotel properly. I have an 83 room, 3-story hotel, each room with a small 60A or 100A MLO panel. Each room has 2.6KW 240V cooktop and a 3.1KW PTAC. I assume I cannot lump the cooktop in with the overall room load calculation per NEC. 220.42. But I don't understand how to account for them. Can they be derated somehow using 220.55? And how about the PTACS. Is rthere anywhere where they can be derated? This is a 120/208V 3?4W main service.

hmspe

Occupation
PE
Hulick1 said:
Can anyone clarify how to calculate the load of a hotel properly. I have an 83 room, 3-story hotel, each room with a small 60A or 100A MLO panel. Each room has 2.6KW 240V cooktop and a 3.1KW PTAC. I assume I cannot lump the cooktop in with the overall room load calculation per NEC. 220.42. But I don't understand how to account for them. Can they be derated somehow using 220.55? And how about the PTACS. Is rthere anywhere where they can be derated? This is a 120/208V 3?4W main service.

I would treat this part of the hotel as a multifamily dwelling per 220.84. Each unit would be calculated as an individual dwelling unit, then the factors of 220.84 applied to the feeders.

Martin

Hulick1

Thanks Martin

Thanks Martin

I am planning to treat the rooms as individual dwelling units as you suggest. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.