Hotel room grade receptacles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aelectricalman

So I says to the inspector who failed me, "guest rooms are considered living spaces therefore commercial grade receptacles are nonsense". He says the are required, so I challenged him to find it in the code. He cant do it but wont come off his decision. I says, well it will cost me another 2600 dollars to redo this mess. 400 rooms in all. 1600 receptacles. Every receptacle. Weve had a fallen out since and I hope im not wrong because i look like an ars. Is there anyone who can recite a specific code with traction. Thanks again.. I feel like this will bite me in the ars.

TOOL_5150

Inspectors are there to make sure you installed a safe, to code, installation. IMO if he cant give you a code article you violated, he is dead wrong, and cant just make up stuff that he would like to see. There is 1 catch, if commercial grade receps are on the plans, then you messed up.

~Matt

Cavie

Spec grade recepticals are a design issue not a NEC requirement. If they are not in the spec documents stand your ground and tell him to take a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.