House and Laundry Loads??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just went to take the admin test and didn't pass the load calculations. One of the questions said not to "include house and laundry loads". What is this????
Why would they not include the small appliance, laundry and bath when they are required???
Please advise.
Also I am looking for practice load calculation problems with answers so I can see if I am doing them right.
Thanks anything will help.:)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I feel your pain. It took me two tries to pass that test.

When they speak of ?house loads,? they are referring to a multi-family dwelling unit that has loads that are not associated with any specific person?s dwelling. This would include the swimming pool heater, the lights along the corridors between units, the outside lights, and all loads (e.g., heating, lights, and receptacles) in the building office and the common lounge area. If they say not to include laundry loads, then you need to follow the trail from 220.52(B), which tells you to add 1500 VA for the circuit required by 210.11(C)(2). From that article, the trail leads you to 210.52(F). That article has two exceptions that allow us to leave the laundry circuit out of our calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.