How close can a receptale be to a gasoline pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert pitre

:confused:(Service Station Pump).
Article 514 Table .3 (B)(1) OUTSIDE- 18" above grade and with in 20' hor. of edge of enclosure.The enclosure would be to the pump?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The enclosure would be the dispenser or pump as you called it. You can put a receptacle anywhere you want ....as long as it is listed for the classification you install it in.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Local school had a paint booth installed. Fancy recepts listed & installed for the area. The shop teacher had made an adaptor within a month so he could use whatever he wanted in there.

Keep it out of the classified area. Someone will defeat it before you are down the road a mile. They will bring an extension cord in from outside the area anyway.

a.bisnath

Occupation
Electrical worker
I have seen this

I have seen this

I have seen non -classifed adaptors used on many occasions,it is important that a class 1 division 1 outlet and plug be used,unless the equipment is decomissioned and gas sniffed and if possible an authorised safety permit be put in place,GFCI plugs are a must,I have also seen a fire caused by this,it can go beyond a nightmare or what you see in the movies

Status
Not open for further replies.