How much do these cost??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I was @ HD the other day, and they had 40 NID's on clearance for dirt cheap.

I bought all of them because I wanted a couple to have just in case, and wanted to ditch the others on CL.

Anyhow, here's the part - Corning Opti-Way NG series NID

I can't find them for sale online. Does anyone know about what they normally cost new? Just wanted to be sure I wasn't asking too much. The guys @ HD found them laying around the store somewhere, and had no record of them in the computer, so I couldn't get the MSRP.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Somebody else was trying to get rid of them, probably the manufacturer. Then HD buys them for ten cents each thinking somebody will see them and think of a use for it. Would probably make a good "house box" to enclose the CATV ground block and a splitter or two that the cable company hangs on the side of the house with a staple or two. Probably what HD was thinking.

-Hal

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Would probably make a good "house box" to enclose the CATV ground block and a splitter or two that the cable company hangs on the side of the house with a staple or two. Probably what HD was thinking.

i was thinking along those lines when i bought them; also for when we add phone lines and they have one of the older 4-post junction boxes for phones.

i can use them for something, but it will take a few years to use as many as i bought.

MR2Di4

Occupation
Central Office Network Technician
My telco company used those type of outside boxes with fiber RGN-550/560 ONT cards from Pannaway/Enablence. They aren't bad boxes for outside use without a fiber optic electronics card snapped inside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.