how much is a good price

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is a good price

can anyone out there help me I am new at trying to price job especially commercial. what would be a good price for this job. this will be my secound job if i get it.

I have a commercial building owner that wants to but a new meter and 100 amp panel for a diffent part of his building that he will renting out(about 80 feet away from the service drop). my question is this? the service drop to his building is a 3 phase 4 wire 240 volts. he wants me to put a single phase meter and panel from the 3 phase service drop. CAN I DO THIS BY THE NEC CODE? ALSO AREADY ON THE BUILDING IS TWO OTHER METERS WITH TO DISCONNECTS ON IT #1 IS A 200 AMP, THE OTHER IS A 100 AMP. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE DO THE SERVICE DROP HAS ENOUGH AMP? TO ADD ANOTHER 100 AMP METER AND PANEL? He has another building he will separate with a wall and he wants me to add another meter and a 150 amp panel for the new area.( about 80 feet away from the service drop) he wants this done first

[ May 23, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: darryljcooper ]

jro

Re: how much is a good price

Re: how much is a good price

First you would have to determine the size of the exsisting service, it sounds to me like you have a 320amp service in place, which adding another 100amp service would put you beyond the rating of the exsisting service, check the line side feeder cables and your meter base and these should tell you the size of the incoming service, as far as pricing that is left up to you, if estimating is not in your bag of tricks, your best bet is to get some one to do this for you, most people charge for this service, or go to for example: craftsman books, which offer estimating books that would help you in your estimating a price for this job. Happy hunting my friend ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.