How to calculate a Demand load ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc2863

My name is Danny. I'm taking electrician course online. I need help how to calculate the demand load for---- Electric range 10kw, water heater 5kw, compactor 1.3kw, dishwasher 1.5kw, Baseboard heater 18kw, and a heatpump 6kw. I'm not sure if I'll multiply 65% to the Baseboard heater and heatpump.:happysad: I just started studying NEC. English is my second language, and it's hard for me to understand sometimes.

jumper

Hey Danny, welcome to the forum.

I suggest you start by reading the examples in Annex D.

They are very informative when learning load calculations.

Do not worry about English being hard to understand, it is my first language and it confuses me.

The NEC is a real hard to read. Hang in there.

Last edited:
My name is Danny. I'm taking electrician course online. I need help how to calculate the demand load for---- Electric range 10kw, water heater 5kw, compactor 1.3kw, dishwasher 1.5kw, Baseboard heater 18kw, and a heatpump 6kw. I'm not sure if I'll multiply 65% to the Baseboard heater and heatpump.:happysad: I just started studying NEC. English is my second language, and it's hard for me to understand sometimes.

Hi,Danny. I recommend an article for you.It's from EC&M website with the title ?Commercial Load Calculation? by Mike Holt, NEC Consultant .

Status
Not open for further replies.