How to go from thhn to romex in a pvc junction box

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkb

New User
Occupation
retired
My panel is 4' away from my shed. I plan to have a pvc junction box on the outside of my shed. I am running thhn in conduit underground until it reaches the junction box on my shed. I then want to drill a hole in the back of the pvc box to enter the shed. The 1" pvc conduit will come up from the bottom. In the box I will transition from thnn to romex. The romex will exit the back of the box and enter the wall cavity of the shed. How does the romex need to be connected when entering the pvc box? Can I staple the wire in the wall cavity within 8 inches of the junction box and then let it run loosely through a male adaptor? To keep the wire from chaffing I will put a male threaded pvc adaptor through the back of the box box, a metal nut and then a rounded nut on the outside of the threads. It is a large 6x6x4 pvc junction box. I hope to join 6 pairs of 12 gauge wires in this box. (I could buy the 8x8x4 if I needed to. ) I am assuming 6x3=18 wires can fit in 1 inch conduit.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

Forum rules prohibit us from assisting a person to perform or assist others to do electrical work who are not qualified. The reason is that the forum’s owner does not want a person to get an answer to the question they asked, but not get answers to the other questions they should have asked and were unaware they needed to ask. Mike Holt Enterprises and the Moderators of this Forum do not wish to place you and your family in danger, by allowing others to give you too little information to ensure that the installation is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.