How to price wiremold series 500/700 install

MasterSparky22

New User
Occupation
Electrician
I have to install a good amount of wire mold in a multifamily dwelling . I wanted to know how much other were charging for wire mold to add outlets or switches on the wall

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Wiremold will take you 3 times as long as it should. Some pieces will be bent or have to much paints ect. It'll fight you. And whatever you do don't go 500 series you 700. The extra room is that much better. Also pull a ground event though you don't need one. I'm not a green wire cult man but with Wiremold I pull a ground.

Knightryder12

Occupation
Sr. Electrical Designer/Project Manager
I would price it a little higher than your pricing for 3/4" EMT. Maybe more like 1" or 1-1/4" EMT. As others have said, it can be a little finicky.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
In my early years I installed miles of WM 500 and 700. I found it easy to install. Bath then the color was Buff.

Now Plugmold 2000 is another subject. Every time I have had to install it I say I will turn any future job down if even 1' of it is spec'd. Luckily I have not had to install any the past 10+ years.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If the person installing it has not not worked with wiremold recently, I would put it at least twice the labor for 3/4" EMT.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In my early years I installed miles of WM 500 and 700. I found it easy to install. Back then the color was Buff.

Now Plugmold 2000 is another subject. Every time I have had to install it I say I will turn any future job down if even 1' of it is spec'd. Luckily I have not had to install any the past 10+ years.
We called buff baby puke brown. When WM changed to white we gave all the buff to our school district.
Agree on plugmold, I put some in for my kitchen with GFCI, could only feed from one end.

Last edited: