Hub Bushing

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
So this has a locknut on it but no bushing. Is a sperate bushing required? I assume no beccasue it has an insulated throat?

1723819955740.png

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Just be careful with the spec.

Often times the specs call for these hubs to be grounding type

It comes with a bonding locknut. You could also purchase the grounding locknuts separately.
You're correct that is spec most of the time. I believe it's a locknut with a screw on it

Ken_S

Occupation
Electrician
Nema 4x..why?
If it's stainless steel there's going to be a galvanic corrosion issue with the hub. We started switching to stainless steel hubs to prevent the issue.

However, if the design and specifications called for this, then that would become a design problem.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
If it's stainless steel there's going to be a galvanic corrosion issue with the hub. We started switching to stainless steel hubs to prevent the issue.

However, if the design and specifications called for this, then that would become a design problem.
I think those would probably cost less too.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I think those would probably cost less too.
The issue would become protecting the threads at the hub. The SS hub will not have the protected sleeve that the one you showed does.
You will need approval if the specs do not specify the SS hub. They might accept a length of heave duty heat shrink over the hub and the first couple of inches of conduit.