Hunter Douglas Motorized Shades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am installing 2 duette blinds 1 is 65 feet and the other is 75 feet in the owners guide wiring requirements 12 gauge is required after 65 feet and if install in a lighting AV system a 3 wire with ground is required. I think stranded SJ 12/4 would be fine. This is low voltage and would behind sheet rock is OK .Is the wire rated for this or do you know of wire that would be rated for in the wall use ( speaker wire ) ?? Thank you For your time. Andrew J. Huta PS It's better to ask a dump question Than to make a stupid mistake

mdshunk

I generally use UTP -or- SPT for that application, mostly depending on what sort of aperature the motorized shade has to bring the wire in. You really need something that says CL2 on it.

BackInTheHabit

Per NEC 2008 400.8(5) Uses Not Permitted
Unless specifically permitted in 400.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used for the following:

(5) Where concealed by walls, floors, or ceilings or located above suspended or dropped ceilings.

iwire

Staff member
ajhuta said:
I think stranded SJ 12/4 would be fine. This is low voltage and would behind sheet rock is OK .

SJ is flexible cord as covered in Article 400, which brings us to...

BackInTheHabit said:
Per NEC 2008 400.8(5) Uses Not Permitted
Unless specifically permitted in 400.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used for the following:

(5) Where concealed by walls, floors, or ceilings or located above suspended or dropped ceilings.

You need to use a cable like Marc suggested.

Also I would be very surprised if you need to use 12 AWG for this, can you even fit that in the j-box at the shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.