I asked my local Electrical Utility for a peak KW demand for the past two years and this is what they sent me.

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I asked my local Electrical Utility for a peak KW demand for the past two years on a building and this is what they sent me (attached below). Doing a renovation on a job and wanted to see if the existing service will support the upgraded renovation load demand. Is is safe to assume that in this case the peak demand is 1.92 (highest in past two years) x (20 meter multiplier) = 38.4KW. The building has a a 400A main 240/120 single phase, so it still have more than 50% capacity to add it.

Thank you,

Demand.png

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You have to take 125% of the the maximum demand, plus the new load, to determine if the service is sufficient

NEC 220.87
Sorry i think i didn't explain my question correctly. I meant that if the information im using based on the chart is correct. am i reading the information correctly by saying the peak kw demand is 1.92 times the multiplier? Because is see usage/readings of 0-5.76 and i'm not sure what that is? Should i use the Register reading or the message readings peak?

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
There are two things I would do,

1) Does 38.4kW make sense given their connected load and their load type (heavy manufacturing, office space, warehousing, etc.)?
2) Do you have any one of those month's bills from the customer themselves to compare any demand charges or kwh? The average demand over the month should be about 30% or less than the peak demand for most places operating at 8hrs a day.

If you are not comfortable with either of those two to verify, then call the utility as get clarification on it.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Seems to me that you are getting at most one data point per day, so the "Read Difference" is an average over the day, not the peak during the day.

Now the "Message" section has a "Valid Usage/Readings" range, and the upper end of that range may be the peak during that day. Which for the limited sample you show appears to max out at 5.76. As to how that relates to a multiplier, given that it appears to be 20, but 400A 120V/240V service is only 96 kW, I have no idea.

Cheers, Wayne