I Believe This To Be A Violation….

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
….Of 210.52(b) 1 and 2.

The SABC that must supply the receptacles in the dining room should not also supply a general use receptacle in the laundry area.

IMG_6057.jpeg

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
.Of 210.52(b) 1 and 2.

The SABC that must supply the receptacles in the dining room should not also supply a general use receptacle in the laundry area.
From the drawing they're clearly feeding a dining receptacle from the laundry room. It also clearly shown the washer and dryer receptacles.

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Is this commercial or res? Condo?
What does P1 ckt 9 say on the panel schedule? Sa or general? Is ckt 9 anywhere else? Circuit layout screw ups always seem to clear up via the panel schedule- which trumps the homerun layout imo.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
Is this commercial or res? Condo?
What does P1 ckt 9 say on the panel schedule? Sa or general? Is ckt 9 anywhere else? Circuit layout screw ups always seem to clear up via the panel schedule- which trumps the homerun layout imo.
Ckt 9 shows "Rec-Dining" on the panel schedule. My opinion its a no-go.

Couple other goofy things on these plans.

Like they have spec'ed a 200A M/M with distribution, CH panel, copper buss. There are 28 circuits on the panel schedule, only 2- 2-pole that are not 20 amp which is the PV and EV breakers, so that means at least 28 full size slots to accommodate the AFCI/GFCIs. Only panel that fits that spec is not currently available, and last time it was it was over $4K. They should just do an 8/8 meter/main and sub right next to it, put the EV and PV in the main. (y)

And the line drawing for the underground from the transformer to the panels stop randomly halfway to where they have the meter location at. But they have distance of undergroun=d feeder, just doesn't go where it needs to.

Daggum architects! :mad: o_O :D

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
General-use receptacles in the laundry room/area should be on the laundry circuit(s).
That's certainly not required, but I guess it is allowed. 210.8(F) says "(F) Laundry Areas. In dwelling units, at least one receptacle outlet shall be installed in areas designated for the installation of laundry equipment."

Once you've designated one receptacle outlet for laundry equipment, you've satisfied 210.8(F), but you can designate other receptacle outlets for laundry equipment if you want. As well as have receptacle outlets not so designated, which would be prohibited from being on the laundry circuit by 210.11(C)(2).

Cheers, Wayne

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
That's certainly not required, but I guess it is allowed. 210.8(F) says "(F) Laundry Areas. In dwelling units, at least one receptacle outlet shall be installed in areas designated for the installation of laundry equipment."

Once you've designated one receptacle outlet for laundry equipment, you've satisfied 210.8(F), but you can designate other receptacle outlets for laundry equipment if you want. As well as have receptacle outlets not so designated, which would be prohibited from being on the laundry circuit by 210.11(C)(2).

Cheers, Wayne

210.52(F)? I think you misyped 210.8(F).

And you could make it a switched receptacle which is acceptable in the dining area (exception 1).

I guess that leads me to another question, could you use the bathroom receptacle circuit and put it on a switch for the dining room? The exception says general purpose. Does the bathroom receptacle count?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
210.52(F)? I think you misyped 210.8(F).

And you could make it a switched receptacle which is acceptable in the dining area (exception 1).

I guess that leads me to another question, could you use the bathroom receptacle circuit and put it on a switch for the dining room? The exception says general purpose. Does the bathroom receptacle count? It doesn't say that nothing else can be on the bathroom circuit.
A bathroom receptacle cannot be on with another non-bathroom. More than one bathroom can share a receptacle circuit but it must serve only the bathroom(s). You can also have a single circuit for an entire bathroom.

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
A bathroom receptacle cannot be on with another non-bathroom. More than one bathroom can share a receptacle circuit but it must serve only the bathroom(s). You can also have a single circuit for an entire bathroom.

210.11(C)(3) I got too excited I guess lol.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
210.52(B)(1) Exception 1 -- The image is from the NEC 2020 Handbook
OK, agreed that if the circuit supplies only a non-laundry receptacle and a switched receptacle in the dining room, that's fine for a general purpose circuit, which could be a 15A circuit.

Cheers, Wayne

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
210.52(B)(1) Exception 1 -- The image is from the NEC 2020 Handbook
It's interesting because that section states "as required in 210.70(A)(1)". Since there is a ceiling light that switch receptacle is not required.

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
I don't think that was intended to be a switched recep. I think the Archi just screwed up.

I am just throwing out ideas to fix it. I saw the exception and thought you might be able to pull from a general purpose circuit, make it switched, and use it.

All that also relies on a switched receptacle counting towards the 210.52 wall space requirements. As far as I can tell, it is only allowing it's existence and doesn't mean it can apply to the 210.52 wall space requirements.