I found this interesting

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I hadn't noticed this before so I thought others might find it interesting.

These 2 definitions are in the 2023 NEC. Normally, when they change a definition, they use yellow highlights. Instead, they used 2 different definitions of the same term. The definition with the article number attached means that it is only applicable to that article.

1729964385696.png

Here is another pair.

1729964741997.png

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Wait wait…. If it’s only applicable to that code section it should be in that code section. Definition are for entire book then each chapter can have specific definitions for that specific chapter…. Am I
wrong

Were these in 100? Cause that 682 should be only on 682

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Wait wait…. If it’s only applicable to that code section it should be in that code section. Definition are for entire book then each chapter can have specific definitions for that specific chapter…. Am I
wrong

Were these in 100? Cause that 682 should be only on 682
From the 2023

Article 100
Scope. This article contains only those definitions essential to the application of this Code. It is not intended to include commonly defined general terms or commonly defined technical terms from related codes and standards. An article number in parentheses following the definition indicates that the definition only applies to that article.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I’m actually looking forward to the 2029 NEC, if they actually go through with it. The NEC has been a disaster for decades.

So we’ll get on it in 2031 here in California. 🙄
Except for solar there is not much change that's been worth much since '96. I predict there will be more local jurisdictions making their own amendments because the NEC has gotten more loused up, not less.