I Found Work !!!!!! Its Me The Apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

haskindm

You will probably learn more, faster with a small company. Large companies tend to teach you to do one thing and let you do that over and over so that you make them more money. That is OK but most small companie will need for you to learn all facets of the trade, residential, commercial, rough-in, trim out, repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. Good luck. Keep a good attitude and keep learning.

nyerinfl

JONATHAN20 said:
I see it as its better for me to learn the basics 100% with joe shmoe electric before I get with a big company thats bidding on wiring the new twin towers. Make's sense right?

If you want to get onto projects like the twin towers you'd have to be union. Don't discredit the mom and pop, you can learn things a lot faster working for a small company, just pay attention and ask questions. If you were in a larger shop you'd be running material all day, getting coffee/lunch for a bunch of guys and not learning nearly as much. With mom and pop you'll still do a lot of these things, but when you're done getting everything for everyone someone might teach you something. Good luck.

JONATHAN20

well zero hour is here

well zero hour is here

Well today is the day. Just checkin my email before I leave. Hour 1 day 1 of my electrical career is 1hr away. Not sure what to expect. Its at times like this is when you question...."did I pay attention as well as I should have in trade school" The only topic that I really didnt understand to well in school was advanced motor controls. That just blew me away like what the hell are they talkin about. But thank god that responsibilities like that come waaaaaay later. By then hopefully ive learned a few things about it. So ill be on here later tonight to tell you guys how my first day went.

electricalperson

JONATHAN20 said:
Well today is the day. Just checkin my email before I leave. Hour 1 day 1 of my electrical career is 1hr away. Not sure what to expect. Its at times like this is when you question...."did I pay attention as well as I should have in trade school" The only topic that I really didnt understand to well in school was advanced motor controls. That just blew me away like what the hell are they talkin about. But thank god that responsibilities like that come waaaaaay later. By then hopefully ive learned a few things about it. So ill be on here later tonight to tell you guys how my first day went.
make sure you know where the wire stretcher, lamp bender and left handed screwdrivers are and your all set

Status
Not open for further replies.