I have a question on resistive loads (first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

retirede

Ok thanks you guys. seems I have a lot to learn as far as necessary code and how it applies to everything I've only been in this field 2 years and just started looking into how everything works on this side of things instead of common practices my employers have used.

Your realization that you don’t know everything along with willingness to learn will serve you well.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Augie, isnt the basic the amps divided by the nominal voltage? So, if it is a 1500 amp single phase on 120 volts then 1500/120, or if it was 1500 amps in UK then 1500/240?

Or do we use the cube root because he has three phase? I am confused here as well.
Cube roots are never in play. The square root of 3 figures a lot in three phase.

I am confused what is being asked. A three phase load will be three single phase loads connected in a delta or wye configuration. To find the characteristics of each resistor you have to know whether it is delta or wye connected. Draw it out and apply the appropriate voltage "seen" by the resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.