I just checked my email...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

I have no idea who this person is, or how they got my email, and Im not in or near Chicago....
--------------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I just had an electrician explain to me that it is the Conair product that is at fault and not faulty wiring for my bathroom in the Condo I just acquired. Every time I try to blow dry my hair, my Conair 1875 ION Shine blows a fuse. Understand the electrician also explained to me that electrical wiring in Chicago can not be fixed in condos to ensure that the fuse will not go out when running a microwave and a toaster at the same time. He also said it would be illegal for me to install a surge protector for my entire electrical system. This electrical service company is Ventura Electric out of Chicago. Before I file a complaint against them, I'm requesting a written response from you regarding Chicago's policies regarding safeguarding residents from unwanted electrical surges.

I work in recruiting and if this is the kind of treatment people can expect when moving to the city of Chicago, then there really is a problem.

Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your response.

By the way, I've attached the work order requests. If you know of an electrician who can help in completing these orders without misrepresentation in a quick and efficient manner, I'm interested in speaking with the person. There is work to be had in this building.

Sincerely,

ultramegabob

Im sure my email address is out there floating around in the net, its just a really odd email. Im not going to respond to it. Does anyone else get weird emails of the blue like this?

ultramegabob

Its my personal email, but im sure I have had business stuff sent to it, Im leary of emails with attachments that are unsolicited, hard telling what kind of hacker it could be.

cadpoint

It just sounds like a buyer that wasn't aware. Peeved that they found an error. A hack no, looking for one, no, not in my opinion. Its more of a plea for sanity and sudo legal issues. Potential for call back work, welp depends how you see the Apple. The person places people, he knows some research tools, and technique’s...

I mean to me it sounds just like a job recruiter...

Write a letter stating your postion on servicing their electrical needs, that your for hire, send them your promotional flyer, if its not you or that ill feeling is hitting, then don't do anything... : )

Last edited:

Buck Parrish

ultramegabob said:
I have no idea who this person is, or how they got my email, and Im not in or near Chicago....
By the way, I've attached the work order requests. If you know of an electrician who can help in completing these orders without misrepresentation in a quick and efficient manner, I'm interested in speaking with the person. There is work to be had in this building.

I got a feeling that this person will ask for money. For a way to get to work for this building. Probably will be a ruse to pay for insurance or something.
Sounds like some sort of scam.
I have got some wierd ones lately.

electricguy

Here is one I got

Hello

This is Pharrel Williams at church royal ( Deaf Church ).I just
want to make an Purchase for Ceiling Fan

Specification:

Fan Name 52" Probe II Brushed Steel

Brand Casa Vieja

Finish Brushed Steel/Brushed Nickel

Motor Size 157 x 10

Motor Housing Stamped Steel

Blade Pitch 12?

Blade Span 52"
Suited to Large Rooms Over 12'
Blade Type Reversible Blades

Reverse Air Flow Manual Reverse

Save Energy in the Summer & Winter:

Allows Control of Air Movement: High, Medium, Low
Mounting System Single

If you can get any nearest specification,Let me know and Let me know
the Pricing,What type of Payment you Accept.Thank you

480sparky

Google any names that might be in it, including the email address. See if anything pops up.

If they're legit, you'll hear from them again. If nothing else, I would treat it as spam.

quogueelectric

480sparky said:
Google any names that might be in it, including the email address. See if anything pops up.

If they're legit, you'll hear from them again. If nothing else, I would treat it as spam.
You are just too sneaky.

ultramegabob

I have absolutely no intension on contacting this person, if they are really wanting to hire me, and they can get my email, they can surely find my phone numbers. and like I said, Im no where near the chicago area anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.