I saw something really cool yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I was at a stop light and happened to look at the pole a stop light was mounted on.

believe it or not, the pole was 4" PVC conduit just sitting on the concrete median strip up against a stop sign type pole using wire ties around the pole to hold it up.

I had never noticed that it was supported this way before. If I remember, I will take a picture and post it.

Way cool!

[ July 01, 2005, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: petersonra ]

allenwayne

Re: I saw something really cool yesterday

Sounds like some one really ran the red light like right over it and this a temp fix :D

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

Originally posted by allenwayne:
Sounds like some one really ran the red light like right over it and this a temp fix :D
I don't think so. It looks like it was added to the existing set of lights for some reason. i will take a closer look next time I am over that way.

physis

Sounds like preferential treatment from the AHJ to me. :D

I guess it's ok to do cheesy stuff as long as you're qualified. :D

allenwayne

In some areas the county does as they want !!!! We can do this but don`t you try it.There is a little town called land of lakes and jimwalker can tell you about 5 years ago they widened the road from 2 lane to 4 lane,In one part of town they came thru just chopping off parts of buildings motels included and on they went.There were no permit boards inspections done just chop cover and go.There is still one building that has roofing paper over the plywood,no sorry they finally covered it with 5 v galvanized roofing.
This is the same area where the EI will issue a stop work order if he sees a yard receptacle being added after a final and the poor dumb home owner just wanted to hook up a yard light,it wa :confused: s going to be gfci`d but noooooooooo pull a permit for a yard light but lets just go chopping off parts of structures to widen the road.BUT DON`T
ADD A RECEOTACLE without a permit

Status
Not open for further replies.