ICC certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69gp

Hi,

Just curious about ICC certification. I am in MA and have had my masters for over 20 years. I am seeing on more and more bid docs that they want you to now be ICC certified. This is not listed in the code book as a requirement or in the MA amendments. So I do not know how it can be enforced to be a requirement. I know that on private jobs they can pick and choose whatever they want for rules but public is a little more different.

my question would be what is the ICC certification? i know its a roughly 5 hour test but what states actually require this certification?

thanks

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Hi,

Just curious about ICC certification. I am in MA and have had my masters for over 20 years. I am seeing on more and more bid docs that they want you to now be ICC certified. This is not listed in the code book as a requirement or in the MA amendments. So I do not know how it can be enforced to be a requirement. I know that on private jobs they can pick and choose whatever they want for rules but public is a little more different.

my question would be what is the ICC certification? i know its a roughly 5 hour test but what states actually require this certification?

thanks

[h=2]California K-series Exams Transitioning
[/h]

Effective January 1, 2013, all California K-series certifications will automatically transition to the I-series and J-series certifications. No action is needed on your part.
More information on the current California code-based exams can be found in the State-specific Exam Information Bulletin.

no action is needed on my part. *whew*.

i have no idea what this is, but i have a firm guideline that i will not have
more certifications than customers.

this one will have to wait till i get another customer.

JW certification
C-10 certification
EPA RRP certification
LEED AP certification
CALCTP certification
CALCTP-AT certification

nope. it'll have to wait. i have five really good customers now,
that are keeping me busy. i need TWO more customers before
i can add another certificate.

rules are rules.

renosteinke

Many towns / states have stopped issuing their own journeyman licenses, and accept the ICC certification. This shows real promise in creating a single credential that everyone recognizes, everywhere.

Application is pretty much the same as for any journeyman's card: show evidence of qualification, pay money, take test, you're done. I think their card is good for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.