ICC E2 Electrical Exam Diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasdavidc

New User
Occupation
Building Inspector
So I recently took the Commercial Electrical ESI E2 inspector exam through the ICC and got a 74 out of 75, so I failed. The first two questions were based around diagrams that I still have no idea what they were. Has anybody else experienced the questions like this? It wasn't panel schedules, fixture schedules, blueprints, plans, or anything.. The closest thing I could say it related to would be a panel schedule, but it definitely wasn't they types that I've had experience with.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
-Nick

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I don't think I could help without a better understanding of the diagrams. Can you sketch something up and post it? Any general idea would help.

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
Just out of curiosity, noted your occupation was a Building Inspector. Do you have any field experience as an electrician? Please don’t take my comments out of context. I am just inferring that to me these exams are tough and challenging enough for someone that lives and breathes this trade. I passed the E2 recently but don’t remember anything too odd about about the plans. Good luck on your next attempt and yes I hold high regards for someone who if it is your case with no or lack of field experience, can pass these exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.