ICC E3 Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
Has anyone taken this exam recently? Unless I looked at it wrong , the only reference mentioned was the Ugly’s Book of References. I felt quiet sure the open book exam would include the NEC. I am using the IAEI Plan Review Study Guide as prep material. Any other suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Been a number of years since I took this exam but I don't think it has changed much. I used to work with ICC extensively as part of my job. You should not have any difficulty if you are able to pass the Texas ME exam. They have made a lot of changes in the last couple of years in the website and as part of that they seem to have done away with the downloadable PDF Exam Bulletin and it is now supposed to be part of the catalog web page. But I just looked and it is clearly lacking the full information you need. I can tell you with certainty that the NEC is allowed and you could not pass this without it.
You could call them and point out this glaring lack of proper information, but I should warn you that they have some of the worst call center help I have ever seen. They are absolutely useless.
The IAEI guide should be OK for prep but I think a better choice may be Mike Holt's Exam Preparation. If you have taken a master level exam recently you should be fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.