icc test 824 residential electrician help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky007

i was wondering if anyone took the icc 824 residential electrician test? if you have can you give any tips or tricks for this test. i heard from other people that it was a joke and very easy and others said it was hard , i only need my resi for doing side jobs and pulling permits , im from allentown pa , any help would be grateful. thanks guys:)

jbelectric777

just know the residential basics: be sure of which codebook to use because 09 is in use now.

outlet spacing and requirements, location of gfci's, branch circuits, the table from hell (ranges) make sure you can size to the tee a residential service up to two family dwelling, boring holes, burial depth, arc faults (where required) voltage drop i use (2kxlxi/vd) overcurrent protection, electric heat and electric appliances dont forget to multiply by 1.25, lighting fixtures, cord ampacities (i always got hung here cuz we never use it) appliances more than 50% circuit ampacity on its own, location of switches, pools, hot tubs. etc etc anything in a house basically. i think allentown is using prometric, im in wilkes-barre right now visiting. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.