Identifying Voltages on Cable Trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

buldogg

Is there a code requirement to show/tag the voltages of the conductors that are installed in cable tray? I know that Brady makes markers/tags specifically for this and was just wondering if it was a requirement. There is a ANSI standard ZG3.22 that specifies orange tags for this but i couldn't find anything else that pertained.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Is there a code requirement to show/tag the voltages of the conductors that are installed in cable tray? I know that Brady makes markers/tags specifically for this and was just wondering if it was a requirement. There is a ANSI standard ZG3.22 that specifies orange tags for this but i couldn't find anything else that pertained.
There are separation requirements, but TTBOMK there is no labeling/tagging requirement per NEC.

No Code requirements but it is called out in many Standards of large engineering Firms and operating Companies. It is a good practice.

Even more important than that is the accurate and current cable fill of the trays. It is my bet that OSHA will eventually require that, they had published some white papers addressing fill and loading, indicating that it is on their radar.

www.[URL="http://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib011609.pdf"]osha[/URL].gov/dts/shib/shib011609.pdf

buldogg

"it is called out in many Standards of large engineering Firms and operating Companies. It is a good practice"

It is a standard practice where I work, that is why I thought maybe it was code but I couldn't find anything in the NEC to substantiate it. Thanks for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.