IEC Conduit Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGChild

Anyone have any experience with connecting NEMA motors (2 1/2" NPT and 3" NPT on the pecker heads) to IEC Metric conduit? Our customer is selling machinery with NEMA motors to be installed in the Middle East. We need to provide a way for them to connect their conduit (unknown which type) to our NPT threads. Have found 1 1/4" NPT to M32 (using CH reducers) but need larger sizes for 150hp motors. Or do I even need to worry about it? Will our connectors work on their conduit?

In my experience installing industrial equipment it is usually the installers responsibility to supply the reducers. It depends on the contract. We install alot of european equipment and usually has SEW motors with metric thread peckerheads. It is usually takes quite a bit of time to locate and then to recieive metric to NPT reducers. I would say if its not in your contract to supply and you don't know what they are going to use then let the customer worry about it.

Anyone have any experience with connecting NEMA motors (2 1/2" NPT and 3" NPT on the pecker heads) to IEC Metric conduit? Our customer is selling machinery with NEMA motors to be installed in the Middle East. We need to provide a way for them to connect their conduit (unknown which type) to our NPT threads. Have found 1 1/4" NPT to M32 (using CH reducers) but need larger sizes for 150hp motors. Or do I even need to worry about it? Will our connectors work on their conduit?

Will not work, need to bey the adaptor.

(I could have said some 'works' once where you permanently change the thread of the weaker material.:grin:)

John Valdes

Occupation
Retired Electrician
This should be your customers responsibility. If he wants to pay you for the time and material to get the adapters then great. When I was in industrial we always had a difficult time finding them. Cost was nothing compared to the time it took to locate them and get them shipped. Someone recently told me Mcmaster Carr had them in stock. But I am not sure.

DGChild

Thanks for the info guys. OEM was just asking us for some advice on what he needs to do to make it ready for install in the middle east. Sealcon makes an adaptor that is 1 1/4" NPT to M32 but I need to go bigger yet for the size of Motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.