If you bid new homes by square foot i have a Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a new house for 12k. 1900 Sq foot living space, 566 garage. Thats low $6 not counting garage, high $4's counting garage. square footage. No heat. . Doesnt include service, which is 8k, 600' primary service, Ill make some money on that. This is cheap rural upstate NY. I make almost twice as much working in Seattle.

did a duplex a few years back. Was probably $5/ sq foot including easy service. I think 'I only made $35/hr on that. IT was for a family member and close to home. Again, upstate NY rates. Another one, single unit, for that same family member I did was almost twice as much, but that had a long service, had to add new meter to existing multi-gang. That took some time and money.

In Seattle a new custom home would be more like $15. I shoot for $80/hr plus some profit. I dont do sq foot pricing, I just computed these examples because I remembered the stats.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I am doing a new house for 12k. 1900 Sq foot living space, 566 garage. Thats low $6 not counting garage, high $4's counting garage. square footage. No heat. . Doesnt include service, which is 8k, 600' primary service, Ill make some money on that. This is cheap rural upstate NY. I make almost twice as much working in Seattle.

did a duplex a few years back. Was probably $5/ sq foot including easy service. I think 'I only made $35/hr on that. IT was for a family member and close to home. Again, upstate NY rates. Another one, single unit, for that same family member I did was almost twice as much, but that had a long service, had to add new meter to existing multi-gang. That took some time and money.

In Seattle a new custom home would be more like $15. I shoot for $80/hr plus some profit. I dont do sq foot pricing, I just computed these examples because I remembered the stats.

It’s really not my business but I’m curious as to the NY and Seattle work locations.
nothing in between? That’s a pretty healthy commute...:blink:

It’s really not my business but I’m curious as to the NY and Seattle work locations.
nothing in between? That’s a pretty healthy commute...:blink:

Yeah. Its a weird situation. Nothing in between except plane changes. I go out for a week or two or three sometimes, every couple months. Developed quite a few contacts over the years. It started with a friend doing a renovation. I am 4 hours from NYC, you would think that would be a better setup, but getting licensed in NYC wasnt/isnt going to happen (despite having a masters license in Albany, the state capital, go figure). WA was pretty good about working with me and my poorly documented informal rural electrical experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.