Impressed with these keystone Xfit area lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
The large flood is also for a basketball goal…

It’s a 290W type IV distribution; about 48,000 lumens.

KT-ALED290-L1-4-NM-840-VDIM

b6a40063ba96885e347401fced040de2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah my first thought was at least 250 watts but he was afraid it would be too bright if he's playing basketball at midnight in a really tight urban neighborhood. Yours looks pretty nice

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I've tried to ignore the comments but here goes.....

I identified the fixtures that are installed in the first post, and they are full cutoff area lights; look at the surrounding trees/landscape in the video. There is zero light scatter outside of the intended area to be illuminated; these fixtures are installed parallel to the ground and the optics are doing the work of putting light where its needed. Look at the ground; the light doesn't fade it, it cuts off immediately where its designed to. Of course you'll see glare in the camera when looking up at the fixture from below. I ordered two Type III, one Type IV, and one Type II, purposely so the patterns would overlap using the existing pole layout. The only one that doesn't overlap is in the back of the video across the pond, because it was impossible, and because there are trees in front of the pole (which you can see), I used a Type II distribution optic to illuminate the bank of the pond instead of throwing light into the trees out front. A lot of time and effort went into selecting the fixtures, and I didn't really see the need in explaining all of this in the original post, because its pretty evident in the video what I've done. Or at least I thought.

Here's the ticket showing the distribution types ordered, just so there's no questions about that. And yes, I know it says $410/ea, I paid $390 when it was settled.

View attachment 2558214
Personally I’m impressed. Enough so that I’m looking into them myself now. Thank you for the information.

My yard has (4) 200W sodium lights, 3 of them on all the time, one on an as needed switch, and (2) 400W sodium lights on as needed switches.

Yours are instant on lights, so I won’t have to wait for them to warm up and can enjoy them immediately.

No, I am not going to turn all of them off…

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Personally I’m impressed. Enough so that I’m looking into them myself now. Thank you for the information.

My yard has (4) 200W sodium lights, 3 of them on all the time, one on an as needed switch, and (2) 400W sodium lights on as needed switches.

Yours are instant on lights, so I won’t have to wait for them to warm up and can enjoy them immediately.

No, I am not going to turn all of them off…

Keystone offers a microwave motion sensor for these lights also that have 0-10v dimming . You can program them to stay on at a set level down to 10%, and return to 100% with motion detection. I’ve ordered some to install at my brothers’ business. The sensors are about $40/ea, and you’ll need to buy their remote control if you want to change it from the factory preset which I think is dim to 50%. The remote is like $25.

garbo

Customer had four existing poles in his back yard with 250w quartz halogen floods. Wanted something a little brighter. I sold him these 290w Keystone Xfit floods, 40k lumens each.

He previously had to go into the garage and flip a breaker. I changed that to the new Legrand Zigbee switches and put a wireless switch at his back door to operate them.

Fixtures were about $390/ea. He’s well pleased with them and so am I.

I'm an old retired sparky but still try to keep up with things. Were you able to price a LED Luminare? Sooner or later just about every type other then LED will be ohased out . We changed over around 35 400 watt metal halide lamps into LEDS. Always got be mad in a mechanical space that nobody walks thru at night &maybe once in weekends have every lamp on 24/7. I told them that pumps, HVAC & other equipment still work great in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.