In-person NFPA 70e training in Southeast or Mid-Atlantic

ericsarratt

Occupation
Utility Contractor, HVAC Service Tech, Septic Installer & Subsurface Operator, Plumber
Does anyone know of good quality in-person training in NFPA 70e?

I have looked throughout North Carolina, but there aren't many offerings.

I can easily travel throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic.

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician
Capital Electrical Supply in Baltimore and Upper Marlboro, MD.
I'm the instructor.

It's a 5-hour class that can be used for DE or MD CEUs. I've actually applied for North Carolina because Capital has a store there, but they've yet to issue approval.
I use SKM Power Systems Analysis to show how the arc-flash calculations are performed and how a "maintenance switch" is used to reduce the incident energy while working on an energized system.
You'd leave qualified in determining what PPE is required for an application whether it's labelled or by using the 70E Categories method, as determined by a 30-question quiz at the end.
And as a point of emphasis to anyone using 70E, the latest edition has been issued. I think the date was June 1st, but that edition is now in effect. I've modified my classes to reflect the change because 70E is a National Consensus Standard and as such is in effect when issued. Judicial systems use the latest edition of a National Consensus Standard.
I'm surprised that the NFPA.org website offers classes on 70E and they use the 2021 edition. It's like they should have coordinated the issue update.

If you register for a class let me know who you are.

John M

mayanees

Occupation
Electrical Engineer and Master Electrician
Thanks! I'm looking at October, but I have to check my work schedule. I'll give you a heads up when I register.
Meanwhile you can view NFPA 70E as well as the NEC, (NFPA 70), along with all of the other NFPA standards by registering with your email address at NFPA.org and you'll get free access through NFPA Link. I think the service you get is bogged down to the point where you'll want to pay the 100$/year for the total access, but you do get access to the standards.
And also if you have any questions post them here and I'm happy to address them.