Incandescent Bulb Returns to Cutting Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I just came across an interesting article about the new technology of incandescent bulbs. Apparently they meet the guidelines of the new energy but are not quite as energy efficient as CFL. Seems like a viable alternative. Interestingly enough they are sold at Home Depot.

Click the link below for the article
Incandescent Bulbs Return to the Cutting Edge

06bulb1_600.jpg

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You're welcome--- I find it odd that Home Depot and Amazon are the only places that it's available. I wonder if they are 120V or 130V. I will see if our Home Depot has them. I am curious about them.

MIEngineer

I was at a vendor lighting demonstration about a year ago put on by GE. Someone had a question related to incandescents and the presenter mentioned that GE was purchased alot of these factories as other companies were getting out of the incandescent business to get into CFLs. He mentioned there was a high-efficiency incandescent technology coming. Maybe this is it?

Just passing on what I heard.

glene77is

I was at a vendor lighting demonstration about a year ago put on by GE. Someone had a question related to incandescents and the presenter mentioned that GE was purchased alot of these factories as other companies were getting out of the incandescent business to get into CFLs. He mentioned there was a high-efficiency incandescent technology coming. Maybe this is it?
Just passing on what I heard.

MIE,
Are there any numbers describing this "high efficiency technology" ?
Is this just another Iodine-Halogen bulb ?

:smile:

MIEngineer

MIE,
Are there any numbers describing this "high efficiency technology" ?
Is this just another Iodine-Halogen bulb ?

:smile:

I don't remember any numbers being given. The presentation was being put on by a GE rep. so I think it was more of a "wait-and-see" teaser. The presentation was mainly about fluorescent lamps, ballasts, fixtures, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.