Incoming Electrical Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grouch1980

Hey guys,
If you look at the attachment, it's a 2000 amp CT cabinet. For the guys in or around NYC, can Con Edison's incoming / service lateral conductors come directly into the top of section of the cabinet, or do we need a separate Service End Box before coming into this CT cabinet?

Attachments

• Pages from CT cabinet.pdf
    223.9 KB · Views: 28

cadpoint

I don't know their Blue book Here . Not that much said about higher Amps your looking for.

Be Aware there are hot links within this 89 pages, You'll need to open another page each time because if one uses arrow back it
goes to page #1
Meters start in lower 20's.
On page 53 is a manufacture's: Approved Electrical Service Equipment. but mostly smaller equipment.
On Page 57 there is a note > Con Edison will provide information on service end boxes for larger installations.

I've seen more visuals in other White books/Blue books/green books... but again nothing like you've posted.

con ed design specifications = how I found the first link at top of page, HERE is the first page which led my search.

W/ more search'n it appears Nav-Tech Inc carries your like panel theirs is # 9370. I didn't sign up to QA it...
ASK them (718) 257-2111.

Grouch1980

Thanks. I'm familiar with Con Edison's blue book, but I can't see where they specifically answer my question. The only reason i'm asking this question is because there's always a dedicated service end box somewhere. And I don't see it with that CT cabinet I posted a picture of.

Grouch1980

I finally got in touch with the manufacturer of that cabinet. It's actually a combo service entrance box and C.T. cabinet, with the SEB being on the top end of the box. So that would be my answer... the SEB is the top section.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
I finally got in touch with the manufacturer of that cabinet. It's actually a combo service entrance box and C.T. cabinet, with the SEB being on the top end of the box. So that would be my answer... the SEB is the top section.
who's your manufacturer for this product?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I believe that you have it right. The ConEd conductors enter directly into the top section of the CT cabinet. Will the raceways be able to come straight into the back of the top section?

Grouch1980

I believe that you have it right. The ConEd conductors enter directly into the top section of the CT cabinet. Will the raceways be able to come straight into the back of the top section?
Yes, the cabinet is being mounted right at the point of entry, so Con Ed's conductors will come straight into the back of the top section.

Status
Not open for further replies.