indoor spa emergency shutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennym

I have an indoor commercial spa project, the emergency shutoff 680.17 is located 7' from spa egde can someone clarify if the box must be bonded since I believe its part of electrical equip associated with the spa, thanks, Ken

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Re: indoor spa emergency shutoff

I can't imagine any situation where that wouldn't be a good idea. :confused:

hurk27

680.26(B)(5) Only requires metal equipment Within 5 ft horizontally of the inside walls of the pool to be bonded, But as said not a bad idea.

680.26(B)(5) Metal Wiring Methods and Equipment . Metal-sheathed cables and raceways, metal piping, and all fixed metal parts except those separated from the pool by a permanent barrier shall be bonded that are within the following distances of the pool:
(1) Within 1.5 m (5 ft) horizontally of the inside walls of the pool (2) Within 3.7 m (12 ft) measured vertically above the maximum water level of the pool, or any observation stands, towers, or platforms, or any diving structures

kennym

I Believe 680.43 D-2 metal parts of electrical equipment associated with the spa or hot tub water circulating system, including the pump motor, what do you think

mpd

the switch is not part of the circulating system, the switch does not circulate water, the motors do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.