Industrial Control Panel Approvals in Other Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a UL508A shop but now have been asked to build some industrial control panels for Ford Motor to be used in the below counties. Spent some time onlin to see wha standards I need to build to, but no luck. Anyone have info on what standard or approvals I need for ....South Africa, Thailand, Brazil and Argentina.

Besoeker3

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
We are a UL508A shop but now have been asked to build some industrial control panels for Ford Motor to be used in the below counties. Spent some time onlin to see wha standards I need to build to, but no luck. Anyone have info on what standard or approvals I need for ....South Africa, Thailand, Brazil and Argentina.

We built some drives for South Africa, Malaysia, Burma, Angola, Taiwan, Canada and a few other places. British Standards is what we used. That was some years ago. I don't know if it is still applicable.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You will likely need CE certification for most of those countries, which you can get from UL if you are a 508A shop.
For South Africa, you need (also need) an Electrical Certificate of Compliance (CoC). It's been too long for me since I needed one, so I can't remember where I got it, but Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.