INFRARED INSPECTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgarb

aRE THERE ANY STANDARDS PUBLISHED FOR INFRARED INSPECTIONS IN HIGH-RISE MULTI-TENANT BUILDINGS, HOSPITALS OR HOTELS...I NEED REFERENCE SO I CAN WRITE A SCOPE OF WORK....THANKS

kcolwell

Re: INFRARED INSPECTIONS

Try going to www.snellinfrared.com

This is an excellent website very heavily used by professional thermographers all over the world. It also has a message board in which you may get more responses to your question.

charlie tuna

Re: INFRARED INSPECTIONS

i am a certified infrared and state electrical contractor and have been in the infrared business since 1989. the fact that you are looking for information on "infrared scope of work" is a major step in the right direction. too many people have no idea of what is the proper way to infrared an electrical distribution system on various types of buildings. we have different methods for each thpe of building, but the main thing is a method by which all the major fault areas are covered. an example is:

high rise office building:
1) elevator equipment and disconnect switches.
2) roof equipment-cooling tower disconnects,pumps,supply and exhaust fans,and all panels. motor control centers.
3) typical floors-bus ducts including all tap boxes and joints, panels, air handling disconnects and/or starters, possible tenant panels.
4) lower floor- house equipment, chiller equipment, fans and pumps, domestic water system, house panels and main switchgear and vault stubbs.

it is best to team up a person knowledgable with the electrical system the first time to provide access and direct the infrared operators. and a good idea to notify the tenants to expect the inspection to take place on the schedualled day and a breif explaination of the test proceedure.

the type of equipment (camera) and the expieriance of the operator will determine how good a scan you get. the operator must know what is supposed to be hot and what is not! and how serious the problem is that he finds as to not over excite the customer about a problem that may be two years from failure.. infrared works if it is properly scanned with a good report and that the customer has the problems corrected and then re-infrared in the next schedualled test..

Status
Not open for further replies.